Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013 Nairobi

Greeting and Happy Happy New Year

Well I hope eveyone had a great new years and I pray that 2013 is even better.  This will be the first year in quite some time that someone is not predicting the end of the world.  However we still need to be on our toes this might be the year it happens since no one will be expecting it.

Arrived in Nairobi last night after another grueling flight.  My entertainment system did not work, the people next to me did not speak english, he did smile at me when I asked to get out and go to the bathroom.  One of these days I am going to get on a 8 hour flight close my eyes and sleep until the plane starts to descend 20 minutes upon arrival.  I shouldn't complain I could of been a missionary a couple hundred years ago on a slow boat to China.

This morning I met with Pastor Ososo here at the Nairobi Transit Hotel for a couple of hours to discuss the YSAVE program and Orphan care.  We agreed to meet again and look at some of the great things they are doing when I get back to Nairobi in about a week.  The rest of the day I spent resting and catching up on some missed sleep.  Tomorrow I will meet up with Ken in Kijabe for the journey up to Maralal for a really long weekend.

Take care and God bless

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment