Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20, 2013 Eldoret

Greetings

Well today was another long day.  Started the morning on our way to church services at the base of Mt. Elgon in the little village of Mitoto (Me Toe Toe).  Made it to Webuye (We Boo Yey) before we had to have the car repaired.  We finally made it to the church sometime after noon.  The church had already been going for quite a few hours before we arrived.  Everyone had some tea and mendazi before we headed down to the church for services.  Not sure exactly what time we started after we arrived but I do believe church services were a good four or five hours.  I probably took an hour of the time myself.  Before we were to head back to Eldoret the staff had some business to take care of with the leadership of the church.  I excused myself to play some word search and angry birds on my phone until the battery went dead.  Luckily it was about the same time they were done so I wouldn't be bored just sitting there.

The roads today were especially brutal.  We did not get very far down the road before the muffler busted.  The potholes, the dust, the ruts, the mountainous speed bumps everywhere, and once it gets dark I can't see anyone.  We had just passed Webuye and there was a lady walking in the middle of the highway.  I didn't see her until we were right on her.  The Bishop is pretty good about dodging all the obstacles that come about so he missed her.  I pray that she finds her way off the highway tonight before one of the semi's hits her.

Tonight is my last night here in Kenya and I head back to the states tomorrow night.  We made it to Eldoret around nine pm and should be heading to the airport in the morning to start my journey back home.  I am so looking forward to four flights and almost two full days of no sleep.  So that is it this trip is almost history. 

Take care and God bless

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment