Friday, March 25, 2016

It's been way too long

Greetings




It has been way too long since my last post and my last visit to East Africa.  On February 11, 2014 I married my lovely new wife Svitlana whom I call Sveta.  However it's hard for some people to pronounce so you can call her Svitlana.  Sveta is from the Lugansk region of Eastern Ukraine.  In Ukraine she was a practicing Dentist however here in the states becoming a licensed Dentist is very difficult and extremely cost prohibitive.  For the most part of 2014 time was spent keeping Sveta out of harms way and getting her to the states. Sveta has now been in the states for over 16 months and it is now time for not only me but us to start the mission again.  We will be heading to Kenya in a few weeks to review the projects that were started a few years ago.


I am very anxious and excited to be going back to Kenya.  Sveta on the other hand is anxious in another way.  She really doesn't know what to expect and all she has to go on is what I tell her along with some of the pictures I have shown her.  I believe once she gets a taste of mission work she will want to do it some more.


Please stay tuned as I will do another post before we leave and then a post every day while we visit with our friends in Kenya.


Take care and God bless


Dave


       

No comments:

Post a Comment