Monday, May 9, 2011

Arrival in Nairobi

Jambo

Arrived in Nairobi this morning at 6 am after a grueling night on the plane. Philly to Detroit and Detroit to Amsterdam all went well. Other then I hate trying to sleep on a plane. Just can't get it done. Got to Amsterdam and my flight to Nairobi turned out to be not so good. KLM has 26 747's 6 of them are full passenger planes and the other 20 are a mix of people and cargo. Well my plane to Nairobi originally was a full passenger plane and completely booked. The plane experienced some technical difficulties and had to be replaced with a 747 with less seats. I used to like sitting in the back of the plane. Everyone from row 46 to 68 no longer had a place to sit. I was in row 61. I guess there is a lesson to be learned here somewhere. KLM was kind of nice to apologize and book me on a later flight to Kenya aboard Kenya Airways. They also gave me 10 euro's for lunch, a five minute phone call to anywhere in the world, and a 50 euro voucher for a future flight. Of course the next flight wasn't for another 11 hours so my already long flight was extended just a little bit and to top it off it was another overnighter.


KLM was able to get the 50 something people on the Kenya Airways flight and it turned out to be a pretty full plane as well. I was lucky enough to have an aisle seat in the middle of the plane with no one sitting next to me. Sometime after dinner a guy a couple of rows up lost his dinner and was no longer able to sit in his assigned seat. Well you can guess where he decides to come and sit. I guess putting a seat out on the wing is out of the question. To top it all off he tries to sleep sitting up. Everytime he starts to nod off he falls on me. All I can think of is 6 more hours and I pray that his tummy is empty. A couple of hours before we arrive in Nairobi they come to serve breakfast and he skips it. Thank you Jesus.


After a long journey and the delay turns the agenda into toast. Pastor Ososo took me to the Le Hotel Camp David around 10 am and I was able to get about 5 hours sleep. So Monday's schedule is now Tuesday's schedule. It is now about 7 pm and I am about to go up the hill for dinner with the Ososo's. Tomorrow is a really long day. Pastor Ososo has about 4 or 5 existing projects that we are going to visit.


Take care, God bless and I will post again on Tuesday.


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment