Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1, 2012

Greetings

It's been a while since my last post.  Things are not going very well at all in Kenya or here in the states for that matter.  The lack of rain in Western Kenya has taken a heavy toll on the passion fruit.  Virtually every plot has been hit with lack of rain.  Some of the plots have lost up to half the seedlings and the survivors are slow to grow.  Normally Mt. Elgon is covered in dark clouds providing rain on a regular basis.  The last few months have been a different story.  There is some bright news on the horizon as Hezron tells me that the rains are starting to come back to the Western Province.

I have also heard that the Chairlady for the Kakamega widows group had left the group and during her departure the group went into limbo.  My understanding is that Hezron has gotten her to come back to the group and they are working to clean up the orchards that went to weeds.

This is all sad indeed.  It appears the more you try to do good the other side pulls the rug out from under you.  I guess more sane people would just call it a day.  Pick up the pieces and move on.  As I sit here writing to this blog I am at a complete loss on how to express my emotions.  I really want to say some not so nice things.  However it would do no good.  All I can say is I am extremely devastated and it is time to regroup.

Here are some pictures of the various areas.


Pastor Odongo's plot Busia



Councilor Mabango in Busia



Pastor John Imala in Kakamega



Second Kakamega widows plot full of weeds



Jane on Mt. Elgon



Mt. Elgon plot



I need to make a return trip to Kenya but I am not sure on when to go and what to do once I get there.  I have put this at His feet and will wait patiently until I get my marching orders.  I can't remember if anyone ever told me that this God thing would be easy.  The Bible does say that it will be a struggle and it's so true to its word.  Maybe this is why so many people choose to ignore it.

Take care and God bless

Dave 
    

2 comments:

  1. Dave,
    All you can do is to be willing...which you are. Praying for rain and re-establisment of these projects.

    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    Be strong and courageous and do not be afraid! For the Lord our God goes with you wherever you go. Those plots are HIS plots. They grow if He blesses with rain. We just pray and trust. God is who He says He is.
    Many blessings to you,

    Janean

    ReplyDelete