Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012

Hi all

I hope all of you had a great Easter weekend.  Just a short update on Kenya.  Western Kenya did not have much rain in the months of November and December.  The month of January recorded no rain at all in Kakamega.  February had one good rain day and March had maybe two.  So far this month it has rained almost everyday and the weather forecast calls for rain the rest of the month.  May also looks like it will have some rain too.

It is now time to find out the extent of the damage to the orchards.  I have been told we have lost many to the lack of rain.  Those that survived, well we will have to just wait and see.  I am sure they are thirsty little plants and with a major dose of Grace they will come around.  In the next couple of weeks I will try and get the details on the orchards.  Hopefully we can save as many as possible.

I was originally planning on going back to Kenya around this time.  I still have no idea on when to go back or what to do once I do go back.  I am still waiting for my marching orders from above.  I have been praying and asking God for months to show me what to do.  I get absolutely nothing or maybe I am just not listening very good.  This reminds me of the old lady in Lare-Oibor that prayed for years and years under a tree for a church.  It took many many years but now there is a church and a school.  It is also a Compassion site with many sponsored children.  Thank you Jesus.  I guess I can pray a little longer.  Here is a picture of the tree.  I hope I got the right tree.


Take care and God bless you all.

Dave
 

No comments:

Post a Comment