Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 18 Kakamega May 26, 2011

Hi all

Again today did not go as planned.  Hezron had called me after breakfast and said he was unable to get into Kakamega from his home in Shibiri.  There was a serious accident and the police closed the roads.  By the time the road opened the skies opened up again and Hezron would have been unable to get out of his neighborhood.  Once it starts to rain Hezron is unable to make it out of his home to the dirt road that turns to mud.  The drive and the roads becomes to slippery and his car will not make it up the hill without getting stuck.  Going down hill does not seem to be a problem.  Tomorrow we will try to go out again.

Today I spent some time just relaxing, reading the Bible, on the internet doing some more research, took a walk before the rain started, and once we lost power I took a nap.  I also spent quite a bit of time reviewing and asking God if this is what he wants me to do?  I look at what is going on over here.  It is just mind numbingly huge and just where does one start?  The need is so great and then I start to believe that not many people really care what is going on over here.  People have their own lives and families to worry about.  I promised God a few years ago that I would let him take charge of my life and ever since then I have spent living some of the worst years of my life.  My family is gone, my health is not good, and I no longer have any financial security.  I keep telling myself I do not have to live like this.  But I continue to do so.  Why?  Because I want to serve him and his people as he has commanded us to do. 

There are many of you out there that are reading this blog.  Please tell me that this in not worth it.  I do not receive many comments but the ones I do are uplifting and I really do appreciate it.  But the vast majority of you reading are silent.  Please will you tell me why?

My email is dawjsw@verizon.net

Thank you and please pray for my family my ex-wife Jan, Branden, Kellie, and Melissa they have suffered immensely through this as well. 

God Bless

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment