Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 22 Kakemega May 30, 2011

Greetings

I wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day and hopefully what was a great start to your summer season.  We truly live in a blessed country and today we honor those that have given their lives in service to our country to secure our liberties.  Just yesterday we lost another 7 service members in Afghanistan.  Please continue to pray for those that are in harms way.

Today I am happy to say I did very little.  I slept in, had a couple of cups of tea for breakfast, I took a walk into town and just hung around the guest house.  I also spent some time reading and getting information on the NGO.  We had our afternoon storm and we did not lose power.  The storm has been done for a couple of hours and I decided it was time to go and have dinner.  I am at the restaurant sitting at candle light writing this on battery power because the electricity went out just after I sat down.  I am having chips, mushroom soup, and chapaties.  I have my own Heinz ketchup made with seeds from real Heinz tomatoes grown and processed in Egypt.  It’s good to have a little bit of America every now and then.  The mushroom soup was hot and quite tasty but it was so dark I could not see any mushrooms in my soup.

Tomorrow Hezron and I will be going to Mumias to visit with Mathew at his shop.  We are going to purchase Mathew the lathe that he wants.  Then we need to try and figure out how to get it to his other shop south of town.  Afterwards we will come back to Kakamega around and meet with the widows to speak to them about converting their crops from maize to passion fruit.

Take care and God bless      

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment