Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22, 2012

Hello everyone

Well I hope all of you are doing well and the new year is treating you right.  The weather here in Chicago has been pretty inconsistent.  A day ago it was 10 degrees F and tonight it is 40 degrees F.  The snow is melting and so far January has not been as bad as it could of been.  No telling what February will bring.

Bishop Hezron has and is taking to the road to check out the various orchards around Western Kenya.  Hezron has sent me some pictures (below) of a few sites in Kakamega.  Pastor Robert also sent some pictures from Bulimbo but they are too grainy to post.  Robert says the three plots in Bulimbo are doing well.  Hezron has told me that some plots are doing very well, some are doing fair, and some are struggling.  Some areas did not get the rains in November as expected and therefore did not grow as fast as planned.  We had one of the plots in Busia overflow with water and we lost quite a few seedlings.  As the week progresses I should have more details on how the other areas are doing.

Pastor Elijah Ambula's and his wife working their orchard



This picture says Kakamega Widow's plot 2 however I believe this is the 1st plot




Melissa Okaba's plot


Hezron has also told me that the Kakamega widow's have all but disappeared and John Imala is taking care of the original plot.  After they had harvested the Kale they have not been back to work the plot.  I have asked Hezron to get with Councilor Bibianna to see what is going on with the widow's.  It will be very sad indeed if they have decided to give up on this project.  Once I get more details then I will report back to you all.  Please keep these women in your prayers.  Their lives are difficult to say the least and I possibly cannot begin to comprehend what they go through.  One of our main goals is to come in and help where we can.  We need to do this without causing any harm.  Again it is very difficult for me to get a grip on this situation being 8000 miles away.  So right now I am in complete denial and can't comprehend what is happening.  These women have two orchards and the potential to have money in their pockets to feed themselves, their children, etc.  Sorry I cannot dwell on this anymore until I hear more.

As of right now my plans are to make my next mission trip to Kenya and Uganda late March or early April.  If there are larger problems that I need to deal with then maybe I will have to make a quick trip over next month. 

Take care and God bless you all, and please pray for the widow's in Kakamega.

Dave

 

No comments:

Post a Comment