Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 22 October 8,2011 Kakamega

Greetings

This has been a really long day.  I have spent the whole day working to get all the documents and data sheets done for all 27 orchards.  We had purchased a total of seven different chemicals each of them having a different schedule.  I went through all the data on every chemical to make sure that it will be applied properly.  I had Hezron go out and get me some small plastic bottles to put the liquids in so I can give them exact measurements for the next six months.  I also have some bags for the powder chemicals to get them properly put onto the vines as well.

Hezron also had the wire in tow upon his arrival this morning.  When I had a meter of 12 gage wire measured at the hardware store it came in at 28 grams.  The total length of wire that I needed was around 12,500 meters.  When we calculated the total we were in need of a little more then nine 50 Kg spools.  So instead of breaking a spool down I decided to buy the full roll.  Today I took another meter of wire and this time it came in at 38 grams.  I told Hezron that this is not good.  I quickly took out the calculator and luckily instead of needing just over nine 50 Kg spools we now needed just under ten 50 Kg spools.  We still have a little bit left for error.

Well I am down to my last full day and I am not done yet.  After church tomorrow Hezron and Robert will be back at the guest house to wrap this up.  I am still printing out all the documents and will be for a few more hours.  I am writing this kinda late.  It is already in the morning and I feel like I am against the wall in getting the last little bit of stuff done.  The widow’s in Kakamega wanted me to come today to visit but I had to keep working and I feel bad but I do need to try to finish this before I leave.

  
Take care and be blessed.               

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment