Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 11 September 27, 2011 Kakamega

Greetings

Thought I would blog a little early tonight to beat the power outage.  Wrong again.  The guest house has gotten a generator to run the restaurant and kitchen so off I was to get dinner as well.  Tonight I am getting something special.  I have asked the cook to make me a chicken filet.  If they can do it with a piece of beef then I would assume that they can do it with a piece of chicken.  Now I only need some spicy, some tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, a decent bun, and presto a Spicy Chicken Sandwich.  You would think I could go ten days without my bringing this up.  Not a chance.

This morning I worked on the chemical list until Hezron arrived and we headed off to the widow’s orchard outside of Kakamega.  We arrived just after and spent some time looking at the plot.  The women were there weeding and harvesting their collard greens to take to market.  After a brief stay and chat with Councilor Bianna it was off to Bulinda to talk with Robert about the chemicals.  Once we were there we could not stay long since the afternoon storm was coming in fast and we did not want to get stuck so we left in a hurry.  The road out of there was slippery again but not as bad as Saturday.  Robert is going to get me the chemical application data so I can get it into the computer so we can get all the supplies needed to plant these orchards starting next week.

Tomorrow early it is off to Moi’s bridge where we will meet up with Pastor Moses and his wife Jane.  Then we will visit with Colin at his family’s passion fruit orchard.  After this we plan to head up onto Mt. Elgon if the road will allow to meet with Pastor Joseph to discuss passion fruit and clinic on Elgon.  After this we will head back through Bungoma and stop at a couple of orchard sites if possible.  It is going to be a really long kidney punching day.

Take care and be blessed.               

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment