Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Two days to go

Greetings

Well were getting down to the wire and of course I am rushing to get everything done.  I am definitely packing lite.  My flight out of Nairobi to Kakamega I am only allowed 40 lbs total between my back pack and suitcase.  I was over last time and the nice guy at the airstrip let me pass.  Of course there were only 4 passengers on the flight and there were 19 seats so I do not think my extra pounds in my suit case were going to make that much difference.  I did notice when the plane landed in the morning before its return to Nairobi it was full.  Not looking to pack much, my beef jerky and slim jims don’t weigh much.

When we started thinking of working these projects one of our objectives was the ability to replicate what we did in one area and do it in another.  We have the 40 something widow’s in Kakamega and if we can get them working a passion fruit orchard we can get more widow’s groups involved.  In Mumias we have a plot ready for a widow’s group of over one hundred women.  Their first plot will be 42 meters by 42 meters.  This plot will be just over a third of an acre and should hold about 350 seedlings.  Again to help over one hundred widow’s we will need more then this plot but it is an excellent start.  Once we have orchards for the widow’s in Kakamega and Mumias we can go elsewhere and help other widow’s in other towns too.  We can also replicate this project and put some orchards to support orphans.  Within the various ministries we are working with there are literally thousands of widow's and orphans that could use some help.

Some of the widow's that I met with in Mumias on my last visit



The widow's sponsor the Galilaya Church in Mumias

      

Thanks to all of you that have given our cause your prayers and support over the years.  Today I rejoice that we are making a difference in the lives of some of us that have the least.
 
Take care and God Bless

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment