Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ready to go

Greetings

Delta didn’t text me today and I checked my flight for tomorrow it looks like it’s a go.  Maybe the plane will be empty and I can upgrade to Eerste class so I can stretch out maybe catch a few winks.  I don’t think my luck will be so good.  I leave Chicago Thursday at in the afternoon and arrive in Amsterdam at seven in the morning.  After a four hour layover I will depart Amsterdam at in the morning and arrive in Nairobi at eight in the evening.  I will then get the pleasure of waiting at the airport in Nairobi for about eleven hours before my next flight for Kakamega that leaves at on Saturday morning with an extra puddle jump in Eldoret and finally after too many hours without sleep I will be at my destination.

Chicago O'Hare to Kakamega "what a contrast"




This will be my last blog until I arrive in Kenya unless something really interesting happens and I am able to get to the internet to post something.  I really hope that my journey is uneventful except a couple of upgrades to Eerste class.  I might even be lucky enough to be denied boarding again on the flight from Amsterdam to Nairobi.  Eight hundred Euro’s ($1200) to be booted from a flight is pretty good compensation.  I would like to thank everyone that has wished me a safe journey and a successful outcome to this mission trip.   

Take care and God Bless

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment