Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 13 September 29, 2011 Busia

Greetings

This morning I had my usual breakfast and then went to the gazebo to work on the chemical calculations.  I am really confused and not sure how to proceed with this issue.  I think I just need to walk away from it for a day or two and wait for the answer to come from above.  He hasn’t failed me yet.

Around Pastor Ososo, Councilor/Mayor Ben, his cousin George, and Pastor Dave arrived at the guest house.  They had lunch since I was still full from breakfast.  We talked about fish farms and passion fruit.  After lunch the five of us went to visit with an unfortunate guest at the Kakamega prison.  This was my first visit to a foreign prison and let me tell you that this kid has now seen the innards of a Kenyan prison.  I now confirm my earlier statements about foreign prisons.  Ok to visit but not a place I would like to call home.  I must say that the guards and staff were all very polite, professional, and well kempt.  Maybe our impressions of foreign prisons from the movies are a little exaggerated.  I wanted to take some pictures but for some reason I did not think it would even be appropriate to ask.  You know I wonder if I was a guest would they let me write my blog every day.  My luck I would be in solitary confinement and my blog would be pretty much the same every day.  “Today I sat in my cell” “Tomorrow I am going to sit in my cell”.

After the prison we were off to Busia.  Along the way we had a flat tire and had to replace it with the donut.  Once we arrived at the Generations Hotel in Busia we sat down had some more discussions with Pastor Ososo and Pastor Dave while George and Councilor Ben went to fix the tire. 

Tomorrow we are off to visit with the 5 member leadership team of the Funyula Fish Farmer Association.  Mayor Ben has been very busy since my last visit and has gotten them organized with a membership of around 150 farmers.  I am anxious to hear what they have to say.  After the meeting we will be heading to the two orchard sites to map them out and finish with the preparations.     

Take care and be blessed.               

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment