Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 7 September 23, 2011 Kakamega

Greetings

Today I slept in a while since I was up last night until fairly early in the morning.  After I awoke I headed out to the gazebo had a couple cups of coffee and spent most of the day working on the calculations for the orchards.  There is plenty of work to do to find out how many posts, chemicals, etc. we are going to need.  I am still short a few dimensions and I still have to get some good measurements of the plots in Bulinda.  The Bulinda plots are going to plant two meters by three meters.  All the other plots are going to plant two meters by two meters.  I have been having difficulty getting the spreadsheet to calculate the two by three plots properly.  I am always off by a row of seedlings.  It works perfect when I use the two by two calculations.  Also I am revising the calculator to reflect different exchange rates.  Today the exchange rate was over 100 Ksh to a dollar.  All my previous calculations were at 90 Ksh to a dollar.  I am also reducing the post costs and chemical costs.

Tonight I am trying a new variation of my meal.  Instead of beef filet and chips I am going to have Beef filet and onion rings.  I must say tonight’s beef filet was much tender then the last one the other night.  The onion rings are also very tasty.  After dinner I will continue to work the numbers to determine how much each plot needs of each item.  I will work a materials list for every plot with expected costs.  Not much else to report for today.  Tomorrow it is off to Bulinda to look at the three plots and the posts that are in the area for both Bulinda and Bungoma.

Take care and God bless.               

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment