Friday, January 11, 2013

January 11, 2013 Kakamega

Greetings

Yesterday did not go as completely planned.  Pastor Ososo had some personal business to take care of and we were unable to meet until it was too late.  So I spent the day at the Consolata Sisters resting and reading.  I will try to put Nairobi back on the agenda for the end of the trip.  Kym did come by yesterday after work and I took him to the China Plate down the road.  He said he never had Chinese before.  It was pretty tasty but a little on the high side ($$$) if you ask me.  The guy seating us looked at us kinda strange and I tend to believe it was because we were not dressed appropriately.  I think that is why he put us in the corner.  They really did not have to it was like we were the only ones in the place since most people probably could not afford to come in the place.  For the money KFC spicy chicken would have been a much better choice.

I was not really up to traveling across Kenya in a crowded bus with my stomach acting up so I decided to book a flight to Kisumu.  Bishop Hezron was gracious enough to come and get me.  The problem with Fly540 is that they only have very early morning flights and after dark flights.  So I splurged a little and flew Kenya Airways so I did not have to be to the airport at five in the morning.  Even though the flight was about 30 minutes I now have a much better impression of Kenya Airways versus my first flight with them.  In the states we get pretzels, peanuts, or cookies with a drink on our short haul flights.  Kenya Airways has the same selection of drinks but with two little bags of mixed cashews and macadamia nuts yummy!!

Luckily we made it from Kisumu to Kakamega before Hezron’s car broke down when we arrived at the Sheywe Guest House.  The clutch went out.  Not to worry this is Kenya and before you know it Hezron had his favorite mechanics at the guest house taking the engine apart piece by piece.  One of the guys was actually able to fit into the engine compartment after he removed most of the components to start removing the transmission.  Well see what tomorrow brings and if they will be able to find the plates for the clutch or not. 

Tomorrow the Bishop and I will talk some more about church based Orphan care as the mechanics continue to work on his vehicle.  Hopefully they can get it fixed soon so we can go out look at some projects and possibly go into Uganda for a couple of days.

Take care and God bless

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment