Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 54 Maralal July 1, 2011

Greetings

The power is out again and this blog is going to be quick.  I was thinking of skipping tonight but I haven’t missed a day yet.  What makes this night worse then all the other times I have been in the dark is that my computer is not equipped with a bug zapper.  I think every flying bug in the house is migrating to my computer screen.  What is with these bugs wanting to fly into my screen?  I am afraid to swat them in fear that my computer screen will get bug juice on it.  They fly into my screen then drop into my keyboard.  Now I am going to have a bug cemetery under my keys.

Today we continued to work on the desks.  All the wood is now here and the guys have almost completed all the threading of the pipe.  Kym and Lawrence have been threading pipe for two days now and have about three to four hours to go.  Their arms must be sore.  There are a total of 324 pieces and each piece must be threaded on each side.  This makes a total of almost 650 times threading pipe.  We have assembled a third of the frames and hopefully we will have the frames and desk tops all assembled tomorrow.  We are expecting some of the flanges tomorrow so we can start to attach the desk tops to the frames.

Kym being Kym (always smiling)



Our work shop (why is Kym resting?)



Some of the desk frames



Lots of threading almost 650 times

 

While the guys were threading pipe Ken and I went back to the school.  We measured and laid out the electrical receptacles and lights in both the classes and the church.  I put the material list together and Ken took it to the electrician.  The electrician will come out tomorrow and put up the power board.  I will have a helper assist me with the power run from the board to all the light fixtures and receptacles.  The church will have three lights and one receptacle.  Each of the three classrooms will have one light fixture and one receptacle.  The office will have one light fixture with three receptacles.  The nearest power is about a mile away so when Compassion International comes they will provide a generator for their staff.

Take care and God bless

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment