Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 68 Kakamega July 15, 2011

Greetings

Today I just relaxed sat around doing nothing.  I did take a walk into town earlier to buy another pair of shoes and check out flights from Kakamega to Nairobi.  My shoes that I bought about six months ago could not hold out to the bush here in Kenya.  After I purchased a pair of shoes I headed over to the fly540 office to see about getting a flight out of here on Saturday afternoon.  Not a chance the only flight out of Kakamega is the to Nairobi.  Eldoret and Kisumu both have afternoon flights but are sold out for the weekend.  I really am not up to taking an eleven hour tortuous bus ride across the country at this time.  I do not even want to take a six hour car ride across the country either.  I then went back to my room and had a nap.  After my nap I went back to fly540 to see about getting out of here on Monday morning.  Monday morning is available and I think I am going to start my forty four hour journey back to the states early in the morning out of Kakamega.  I should be back in Philly Tuesday evening around .

Tomorrow we are supposed to be in Mumias at the Equity Bank by to pick up the control keys for the micro-finance account we set up a week ago.  Before going to the bank we will stop at fly540 to pay my reservation for my flight Monday morning.  After fly540 we will then go to the orchard site to meet with the widow’s one last time before I leave.  I am not sure what is on the agenda for Sunday but I am still not feeling that great from whatever I caught in Maralal a few weeks ago.  I just cannot seem to get rid of whatever it is.  I am really too tired to do much of anything.  The afternoon storm is coming in and my steak and chips dinner is about to arrive before the daily power outage. 

I found out that Kenya does not have cuts of meat like we have in the states.  If you order a beef fillet sometimes you get lucky and it actually turns out to be a really good piece of meat sometimes I am not so fortunate.  I have had tender cuts and I have had grisly tough cuts even though I have ordered the same item every time.  Today’s cut was really good and tender well seasoned too.     

Take care and God bless

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment