Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 57 Maralal July 4, 2011

Greetings

I wish all my American readers a happy Independence day.  Here in Kenya Independence day was last month.  So today was just another work day.  Today the guys here finished with the assembly of the frames on the desks.  All the desk tops are assembled and tomorrow they will complete the final assembly of the tops to the frames.

Lawrence and I went back out to Lare-Oibor to work on the electrical in both the school and church.  The electrician in town came on site this morning to install the meter box and circuit breaker box as well as the ground rod.  I guess the standards for ground rods are different here in Kenya vs. the states.  I would assume that many electricians here have an issue with pounding a ten foot rod into the ground.  Our electrician came with a rod no longer then two feet.  Lawrence and I finished the wiring for the three classroom lights and receptacles.  We have run the wire and lighting for the office and we have about an hours worth of work left in the office.  We have put up all the junction boxes in the church and all that is left is finish the wiring for the three lights.

Tomorrow we will finish up with the desks and electrical as best we can.  We depart for Eldama Ravine early on Wednesday morning.  Tomorrow I will wrap up the blog for Maralal and give the details of the event on Sunday after church.  I now I said I would do it today but I am just too exhausted and not feeling the best.  Lawrence worked me like a dog without a break or lunch all day.   

Take care and God bless

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment