Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 62 Mumias July 9, 2011

Greetings

I can’t believe that I continue to write this blog everyday.  My attention span has never been this long.  It’s the weekend and my readership drops quite a bit for a couple of days but I continue to write for those of you that follow along daily.  I do appreciate it.  I still have no one from South America following along.  If anyone knows of someone in the other America could you please get them to take a look.

Today we went back to Mumias to open the micro-finance account at the Equity Bank.  It took about 2 hours but I am happy to say that everything went well.  There is one control account with the key in possession of one signatory in the United States.  We added another account for funds to be transferred into and will add other accounts as other ministries are added.  I do believe that this completes this part of the mission.  Hopefully the key will be in early next week so I can take it back to the states with me.  Pastor Robert with Wamula International is formulating the other documents needed to be legal here in Kenya and will have them to me in a couple of weeks. 

After the bank we headed over to meet with a widow’s group with Freedom Ministries here in Mumias.  I was told that the group had about 40 members but the real number is around 110.  About 35 showed up today.  There was another funeral today nearby so many of the widow’s did not show up.  I still did not feel that good today so I only talked for about an hour before my throat got sore.  After our meeting with the widow’s we headed into the house for the customary meal and of course I am never hungry.  It also does not help when you feel bad too.  Did you know that chickens are like dogs they eat almost anything?

The widow's group in Mumias



"Hey has anyone seen Fred?"



I'm in here somewhere



After we left Mumias we went back to the orchard site and counted the dead.  It appears that some of the seedlings were not properly planted.  I found one planted still in the black bag the seedling came in.  I did not care to look at any others until Pastor Robert comes on Monday.  I said earlier in one of my blogs TIA or TIK.  I am learning by almost every experience.  I am happy to say that we only lost 40 out of 169 and that 70 of them are growing like wildfire.  There are another 59 that look healthy but I think I am going to replant them anyway.  Lesson learned.

A healthy passion fruit seeding growing nicely



This is for Kym in Maralal

I believe this answers your question if chickens have a right and left foot



Tomorrow I am going to rest and get over this ailment.  On Monday it is off to get the replacement seedlings and pick up Pastor Robert bring him back to Kakamega to educate all of us on passion fruit for 3 days.    

Take care and God bless

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment